7th grade

When I first arrived in August, I didn’t know what to expect. 6th grade had gone well, and my hope was 7th grade would be even better. I soon realized many things were about the same. There was a little bit more homework, but it wasn’t as bad as the stories I had heard of how hard 7th grade homework was. The thing that was much easier was actually getting to classes on time without the chaos we experienced during the first month of 6th grade trying to figure everything out.

After the first month of the school year my life was very busy. I was playing football every morning and I had after school sports almost every day. The sports activities, combined with my homework, were terrible at times! Eventually, my workload became easier to manage. I learned three important things this year: be organized, studying pays off, and pay attention!

As this school year comes to an end I find myself wondering where did it go? They say your middle school goes fast, but I can’t believe just how fast it goes. If I had to do it all over again, I would work on being more organized and I would study harder for some tests that I didn’t do well on. Also, I would spend more time making sure my daily assignments were done on time. If I had to give one piece of advice to next year’s seventh grade students it would be this: Don’t underestimate Spanish…stay on top of it because if you get behind it’s hard to catch up.